Do you ever wish you could have a redo on your friend list? You know what it's like, one co-worker adds you then the next co-worker adds you...
Or even worse...one person you went to high school with adds you then a friend of a friend from high school adds you. The next thing you know, there are an embarrassingly large number of people on your friend list who you actually can't stand. Non-friends if you will. Truth be told, when it comes to those old school contacts, you probably couldn't stand them back then either.

Stupidly, I have always granted full access to everyone right off the bat when they add me on Facebook. So now it feels 'rude' to pull back - to give them limited access to my profile. I have considered casually deleting some of these non-friends but of course, I have a great deal of Facebook-friend-overlap. So if I delete Susie but keep Jane (who work together and are BFFs), it's bound to come up in conversation at some point that I de-friended Susie, right?

Basically...i'm a coward. And because of this cowardice, my non-friend list will continue to grow on Facebook.

Sigh.

Who knew electronic relationships could be so complicated?
Labels: , edit post
4 Responses
  1. Callista Says:

    I hear ya, a year or two ago I went through and deleted "those people" the ones from highschool you weren't even close with, they added me, never once left a comment or post on a wall or picture...no contact...and then a few months later I had most RE-ADD me...it's like they didn't even realized I cut them out, saw me as a friend on a mutual friends pages and though "oh I'll add her to up my friends list"

    I don't get it...I give the people who add me (that I don't know really) a month and if I don't hear from them or get ONE comment somewhere in my profile...delete friend!

    I also have had people who I never knew, they went to the same highschool or know people I knew, add me because I guess they found out I was pregnant/have a baby, and they are too...which I find weird, since I live nowhere near that town anymore, provinces away...and then they actually make conversations...pretty much a stranger, and become a friend.

    Facebook is a weird world, but I am an addict ;) ...an addict to all the mom friends and their adorable baby pictures they post.


  2. I'm going to follow your lead. One month to make contact or you're OUT! LOL!
    I'm definitely a sucker for checking out photos too...
    Some people are just more aggressive 'friend seekers' than others, I guess. I'm quite comfy cosy with my humble list of 150ish :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Just be real and delete them! To many people on FB just want to see how many friends they can have.
    Honestly, I think FB is silly. I just joined 3 months ago just to network.Now I just let my wife
    handle things for me most of the time.
    Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Your baby boy is very handsome.


  4. Thanks Paul :)
    I've been downsizing my FB...liberating ;) hehe


Post a Comment

.author { display: none; }